Pages

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Lost another pound, woohoo!  So I'm currently down to 154 from my starting weight of 160.  It's going a little slower now that I've been on the program for 20 days, but I'm okay with that.  I'd rather it be slow and steady loss than up and down.  I do notice when I bloat now, whether from monthly bloat or from what I ate the night before (having chocolate, especially with a glass of sangria, tends to bloat me the next day).  But it's never permanent and typically goes away after a day.  I also am loving the fact that when I'm hungry it's no longer that overwhelming I'm-going-to-die-if-I-don't-eat-right-now feeling.  I can be a little hungry, my stomach might rumble a little, and I take note of it and eat something when I can.

I still haven't made exercise a routine, and I think that will be my challenge.  My work schedule varies day by day during the week and involves some nights, so I'll need to sit down and figure out when I can fit some workouts in.  I think I might have to start small (maybe smaller time blocks 15-20 min) and fit in more on the weekends.

My boyfriend is still on Grok too, but he's been more lenient on nights when he goes out with his friends to the bar.  He's gone out a few times, and most recently had a lot of beer.  I think he had a very bad experience with it and won't be trying it again anytime soon - not digestively, but in terms of crashing.  He had a few beers at the bar and on his way home almost fell asleep at the wheel.  We think it was from a) not realizing he couldn't drink as much as he used to after eating differently, b) essentially having a major sugar crash while already being drowsy from drinking.  It scared him and I think he's going to be more careful from now on.  We're remembering 80/20, but also knowing that we need to go by the effects of what we consume and listening to our bodies.  If anything he likes gin and tonic so that might be a better bar choice so he can still hang out with his friends and have fun.  That's important too - we don't want to live like monks or give up social activities in this new lifestyle.

I am realizing that I need to expand my cooking repetoire.  Plain chicken breast with spices can only be made so often without boredom.  I'm going to add recipes from Quick and Easy meals every now and then to change it up.  And hopefully become a better cook in the process too!

I should also add that I wake up a LOT easier in the morning.  I used to be the kind of person that would sleep in at any opportunity (weekends) and try for that extra 10 min of sleep in the morning.  Now I'm up at ready to go at 8 on the weekends and I don't find it as difficult to wake up during the week (although my 4:30 mornings are still hard sometimes, that's just twice a week and depends how late I stayed up the night before).

No comments:

Post a Comment